Frances Auchincloss Goldsmith, admitted to the Paris Bar, has over ten years of legal experience and litigation before the French courts in private client matters and general commercial and civil litigation. As a Franco-American, she has developed valued experience of French international private law and often advises clients on the legal consequences of their case in France.
In 2022 Frances received the distinction “Up and Coming” by Chambers High Net Worth : “Her advice is always spot-on and she is very detailed in her approach” and “I am always comfortable referring matters to her; she is very responsive and classy to deal with.”
Previously an associate in the litigation and private client departments of a large corporate law firm, she decided in 2014 to leave to help found the Libra Avocats firm, where she is now a Partner.
She has robust experience in resolving complex financial cases, whether in the context of litigation, negotiations or in establishing pre and post-nuptial agreements that present an international element. Frances is motivated by helping her clients move on to the next stage of their lives, whether the crisis confronted is a separation or caused by an inheritance dispute. Her experience—particularly on important transnational litigation cases—has allowed her to develop an expertise in international family and estate law.
Frances also works with institutional clients in commercial litigation and international arbitration.
In addition to pleading before French courts to defend her clients’ rights, Frances has been personally appointed an expert before foreign courts in litigation relating to matrimonial regimes and complex issues of dividing property and estate disputes.
Committees and distinctions :
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Member of the Pension Committee of the International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Vice-Chair of the Family Law committee – American Bar Association – Section of International Law
- President between 2017 and 2019 of the Family Law committee – American Bar Association – Section of International Law
- 2015 Winner of the « Fifth IAML European Chapter Annual Award for Young Family Lawyers »
- Master 223 in Professional Estate Law, University of Paris Dauphine.
- Master’s degree in Management – International Business Law, University of Paris Dauphine.
- Bachelor of Arts, major in Economics, Washington & Lee University.